Business Development Manager (flex energy procurement)
Role: Business Development Manager (flex energy procurement)
Location: Midlands (field / home based)
Salary: £40k+ DOE + £350 Car Allowance + £10-15k Commission + Excellent
Do you have experience of working on flexible energy contracts for large business customers, and would you like to join a technology-enabled energy consultancy? We are looking for a Business Development Manager to sell flexible, fixed and basket energy procurement products and added value energy services to I&C customers. The business generates a steady flow of web based new enquires, and this role is available because their sales pipeline is too large for them to manage with current resource. We want seasoned business development managers who can build credible relationships with customers in order to advise not just how to solve their current issues but to anticipate their future energy needs. If you are a hunter / closer with knowledge of flex - then this Business Development Managers role could be for you.
- Build and manage pipeline of I&C customers and successfully close new business
- Sell a range of services including flexible energy procurement and energy services
- Manage customer relationship, identifying new opportunities and maximizing sales
- Identify business needs and develop go-to-market campaigns to drive opportunities.
- Manage accounts throughout the entire sales process,.
- You will have access to the largest supplier panel in the UK
- Utilise an online cloud-based bespoke CRM system unique in the market
- Understand product offerings and competitive issues to develop solution proposals.
- Onsite customer presentation and negotiate and close strategic and complex deals.
- 2+ Years’ experience of flexible electricity or gas contract negotiation essential
- Experience in a client-facing role - influencing, persuading and negotiation.
- Analytical with a prominent level of attention to detail.
- Up selling products or services.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills including advanced Excel and competency on Word and Outlook.
- self-motivated, driven, focused on exceeding targets;
- Used to pressures of a sales environment, and overcoming challenges,
- Ideally educated to a degree level or equivalent.