Electrical Product Technologist
Electrical Product Technologist – Avonmouth, Bristol
We are currently looking for a Product Technologist to join our Technical and Quality department based in Avonmouth, Bristol. As a Product Technologist the main focus of your role will be to support the Technical & Quality Manager in providing administrative and quality surveillance in order to maintain consistent quality and technical specifications on purchased products.
This role may suit an electrical engineer who is looking to move in to an office based role and is looking to use their technical knowledge and experience.
As Product Technologist your main responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring technical compliance in accordance with appropriate UK and European laws
- Liaising with buyers and manufactures to establish the correct and appropriate criteria for the individual products
- Creating product specifications
- Developing products to ensure that they complete the Product Approval process
- Analysing return data and reporting the findings to the Technical & Quality Manager
- Creating and owning corrective actions
- Making changes to technical specifications in order to maintain accurate records and data base
- Analysing returns and repair data at a forensic level to assess failure rate and potential claims to the business
- Maintaining the Technical Construction File and updating it with changes in directives when required. Also collating technical data and drawings
- Providing technical support for Sales, Marketing, Buying and Service teams
To apply for this role your experience and skills should include:
- Previous experience within technical and quality specifications
- Degree educated or equivalent experience within a technical subject
- Previous experience with refrigeration is desirable
- Experience of due diligence, AQLs, product standards and European directives
- Prior experience of working in an engineering environment at an operational level
- Strong communication skills
Nisbets is the UK's largest supplier of catering equipment, supplying customers in the UK and around the world.
Since Andrew Nisbet started the Company more than 30 years ago, we have grown exponentially in the UK and continue to expand throughout the world with offices in France, Spain, Ireland, Holland and Australia.
We generate nearly a quarter of a billion pounds in sales revenue annually, making us the largest and clear leader in our sector. Through our colleagues' professionalism and dedication we continue to outperform the market and our future is as bright as ever. We are a diverse and fast-moving business with ambitious plans for the future and recognise that every single one of our colleagues plays a big part in our success.
We recruit only the very best; we don’t believe our customers deserve anything less.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to be suitable for this role and to join Nisbets please forward your CV and click Apply Now.