1st Line Support Engineer - IT Support Internet Company
1st Line Support Engineer
1st Line Support - Helpdesk - IT Support - Active Directory - Office 365 - Microsoft Outlook - Microsoft Exchange - SharePoint - Windows OS - Windows Server - ITIL
Are you looking to start your career in IT? Want to join a company with a fun environment and work alongside great people? If yes, read on!
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join their IT Team due to continued growth and demand, we require a 1st Line Support Engineer. With this position, you'd be the 1st point of contact for all IT queries and issues. It'll be up to you to either help with these issues or escalate them to the appropriate team.
Key responsibilities as a 1st Line Support Engineer
• Daily Infrastructure monitoring - Ensuring the successful completion of our backups and their Integrity, and that Servers, storage and network operational integrity.
• System administration - Active Directory and Exchange user account management
• Data storage, integrity, backup and retrieval
• Complete 1st line Support duties within defined Service level agreements ensuring timely responses and feedback
• Perform helpdesk function, adhering to ITIL processes, including incident management and minor change activities for our users through to closure
• Client notification of call progress, keeping users up to date on the progress of their requests in a timely fashion
• Escalate 2nd/3rd line queries to appropriate team members to ensure issue are quickly resolved.
• Building PC/laptop to the agreed standards along with preapproved software configurations
• Data cabling and port configuration, ensure our patch panels are kept tidy for ease of administration
• Software Upgrades and installations
• Anti-Virus monitoring and management, ensuring all users and systems are always up to date and operating effectively
• Consumable replenishment, e.g. paper, toner, keyboards, mice etc…
Key skills required as a 1st Line Support Engineer
• Excellent Windows OS and Printer Management Knowledge
• Working within a team
• Be Proactive
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• A methodical and analytical approach to undertaking duties
• Eager to learn
• Committed to continuing professional development
• Ability to share knowledge through training and documentation