A leading private equity backed technology business is seeking to hire a Commercial Operations Director to join their team. This is a senior role, operating on a global scale, which will report through to the Global Sales Director.
This business critical role will be instrumental in shaping and delivering a commercial sales operations approach.
The responsibilities of the role will encompass:
- planning, sales strategy and analytics, together with the management of performance reviews and metrics
- management of commercial operations, ownership of core finance responsibilities; support all commercial matters within the context of the global business
- Lead the implementation of a new quote to cash system
- Supporting continuing M&A activity
- Develop the long term sales strategy
- Defining sales performance metrics
- Support business initiatives and projects as and when required/ contract management
- Ownership and oversight for risk management with regards to business contracts
- Put in place best commercial processes
As part of this role you will be tasked with creating a high performing sales, commercial analytics team. The development of a strong analytics team is of particular priority.
Applicants should be financially literate and have deep experience in sales/operations. Additionally the successful applicant must have a fundamentally sound understanding of how reporting/analytics practices ought to look. Within previous roles the candidate will have had experience developing sales strategies, that is to say both commission and pricing. Commercial savviness together with gravitas and the ability to influence and drive a performance culture are uncomprimisable prerequisites.