My client is a leading niche property company advising some of the UK's most prestigious companies within its sectors. Working with mixed-use developments, my client provides comprehensive advice on investments, developments, leasing and asset management within its core sectors.
The management team is led by hugely experienced property investment fee-earners who after looking after finance internally for a while, are now looking at bringing in a dedicated financial controller. There is a distinct young and vibrant team with a family feel and culture that will suit someone looking to lead a team and be prepared to make changes where necessary.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the financial processes, systems and controls are operating effectively
- Responsibility for maintaining statutory records for the business
- Preparation of all consolidated Statutory Accounts
- Budget/costs preparation and review
- Preparation and review of all management accounts packs
- Managing transactional team and overseeing/reviewing company invoicing, expenses, payroll, and all general financial processes and systems
- Handling VAT, PAYE and Tax duties, including corporation tax and any other matters relating to HMRC
- Project management of process changes and implementations of operational structure
- Business partnering with relevant directors within the company in order to provide financial support and information, including HR processes
- Updating company annual forecast monthly
- Full month-end procedures.
The ideal candidate will have:-
- a minimum of two years' experience in a Financial Controller / Finance Director role within a professional services industry.
- an ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification
- strong Project Management skills
- evidence of an ability to work under pressure
- a friendly disposition
- experience of team-management and strong communication
- above average IT skills, ideally using Sage 200 and Excel
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.