Supplier Development Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer (Will consider graduate applicants)
A leading Tier 1 Automotive manufacturing company are seeking two supplier quality engineers to join their team. The business may consider graduates who are seeking to develop a career in quality.
To coordinate the planning and execution of all new product introduction quality deliverables and to play an integral role in the project team. Responsibilities to include:
- Supplier APQP process management
- Coordination and evaluation of supplier PPAP submissions
- Formal VDA 2 process audits at suppliers site
To support and take an active role in achieving key business objectives:
- Coordinate and review supplier concern management processes, problem solving, 8D reporting, Containment etc.
- Manage supplier responses to complex quality issues
- Monitor and manage supplier performance via KPI process
- Conduct requalification audits with selected suppliers
- Regular visits and audits of supplier facilities as required.
To plan and execute supplier development activities to identify and initiate supply base improvements leading to cost, quality and schedule improvements. including:
- 6 Sigma
- Value Stream Mapping
- Supply delivery performance measurement
- Any other ad hoc duties required to fulfil the job role
- Supplier APQP elements delivered on time and in line with programme requirements
- Supplier process evaluated and approved
- Approved supplier PPAP/PSW submission
- Suppliers to meet & exceed performance improvement targets e.g. KPI's.
- Minimise supplier related customer disturbances.
- Minimise supplier related on-site disturbances.
- Minimise supplier repeat concerns through effective containments and countermeasures.
- Timely and robust closure to 8Ds
- Scrap reduction
- Minimise supplier disturbance costs (Internal/0km/Field)
- Cost reduction from suppliers as a function of process improvements achieved.
- Efficient & Effective communication
Hours of work
- Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 17:00
- Friday 08:00 to 12:00
- Flexibility to work away from home on a regular basis and respond to emergency contacts outside of normal working hours.
- Travel within Europe (and sometimes further afield) to suppliers & customers.
- Occasional out of hours depending on the demands of the job.