The Polish Educational Society
Charity organisation serving Polish community in the UK with over 60 years tradition
seeks a super-enthusiastic person to fulfill the role of
The position is full-time.
The Polish Educational Society manages a major grants programme for Polish supplementary schools in the UK. The organisation also applies for various grants which help fund its activities.
The Grants Officer will be responsible for applying for grants as well as for administration of the pending grant applications.
This is a position for a fluent Polish speaker.
Grant Application administration
- To actively seek funding opportunities for the PES and take the initiative to obtain the funds
- To prepare grant applications
- To manage the pending grant applications
- To prepare grant related documents required by the funders, such as, but not limited to calculations, reports, final accounts, contracts
- Ensure that the funder’s requirements are met on every occasion
- Obtain quotations and other information required to prepare calculations
- Develop fund documents to communicate with applicants
- Manage and review an effective grants monitoring process
- Produce internal reports on fund activities
- Identify and ensure best practice, value and procedures are adhered to
- Carry out any emerging task as deemed appropriate by the Line Manager
- Attend and contribute to regular supervision meetings with the Line Manager
- Work as part of a team ensuring that all team functions are covered in times of staff absence
- Attend appropriate conferences and training as required
- Undertake any other duties as reasonable required
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Ability to prepare grant applications to both Polish and British funders
- Understanding of the voluntary sector and community issues
- Computer literate (MS Office, especially Excel)
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; excellent telephone manner
- Excellent planning skills, the ability to prioritise work, to organise own workload and to plan ahead
- Good organisational, administrative and report-writing skills
- Graduate level education or evidence of comparable ability
- Fluent Polish speaker as well as good command of the English language
- Experience of grant application processes and working with databases
- Experience of working in the voluntary and community sector
- Understanding of the specifics of Polish voluntary organisations in the UK
- Work for a highly regarded Polish organisation with great traditions
- Work in a young, creative, friendly team
It is a contract job - the contract will be initially until the end of March 2018.
Please apply with a CV below
Closing date for applications: 18 Juy 2017, 5 pm.
Due to high volumes of applications we normally receive to such posts, we will only contact the candidates who have been short-listed for the interview.