Digital Programme Manager - Two Years Fixed Term
Position: Digital Programme Manager - Two Years Fixed Term
Location: Central London
Salary: Circa £75,000 to £80,000 plus 15% Bonus
Benefits: Final Salary Pension, Healthcare
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Programme Manager to join the rail division of a FTSE 250 London based company on a major transformation and technology programme to build and deliver a customer experience driven Omni-Channel ticketing platform and the required systems around it.
The new ticketing platform requires customisation for UK market and has committed investment of resources and budget of up to 24m.
We are looking for an individual with a proven track record in working in big Change Programmes, with internal and external stakeholders and off shore delivery teams. You will control a small team of project managers and business owners, working within a hybrid culture of change and development methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
The role is fixed term for two years.
You will assume overall governance of the end to end programme of Retail transformation, including managing and communicating with senior stakeholders. You will manage major contract negotiations and programme level issue management with overall accountability for delivery of business change activities.
The sponsor is looking for a safe pair of hands to deliver the business case, operating at a senior level to protect the business investment and maintain visibility of the progress of the programme, engaging the sponsor at the right level and the right time ensuring processes and governance is achieved.
The key projects within the programme are as follows:
- TiS: New Retailing Platform integrated into a new accredited TIS (Ticket issuing system) replacing 7 multiple legacy TIS
- Accreditation: This project will deliver the full RSP accreditation required for UK market; Pilot accreditation and rollout for all integrated systems and channels
- Ticket Office Desktop: New accredited back office application based on TiS functionality
- Web (brochureware and e-commerce): New responsive e-commerce site that will retail tickets offering a consistent user friendly and trustworthy experience.
- CRM (including Email service provider): New CRM system allowing the aggregation and analysis of Customer data to drive improved & personalized customer communications
- TVM: Replacement of current legacy TVM estate with a suite of new Smart kiosks and new traditional TVMs
- Handhelds: New staff mobile ticketing solution, an enabler for Smart stations
- App: New iOS and Android native app offering in-app ticket purchases and a consistent user friendly and trustworthy experience
- Data migration: Migration of all customer data from various legacy systems and databases into one central database
- Business change: his project will govern the business change delivered by all the programme as a whole, including business readiness and hand over process to the business.
What you will get
- Competitive Salary
- Final Salary Pension
- 15% Bonus
- 25 Days annual leave
- Company benefits and discounts including heavily discounted rail travel
Key Experience Required
We are looking for an experienced Programme Manager with a solid understanding of delivering change programmes with technology elements within a B2C environment
We would expect you to have at least ten years' experience as a Programme Manager, managing large, complex programmes with multi-function teams.
You will support and lead the organisational culture shift required for such change, including providing the business owners with support and guidance in the process.
The company is creating an exciting culture of business and technology hero's, co-located together, working as one team to create and continually evolve in an iterative environment a first class suite of retailing services.
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us