The Babble Group are recruiting for an Infrastructure Engineer for a very successful car dealership with sites in Belfast and Portadown
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of at least four Microsoft platforms including
- Exchange Server, O365
- Active Directory
- SQL Server
- Microsoft System Center suite experience (primarily SCCM and SCOM).
- Windows Server operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Storage Area Networks and backup systems
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of VMware ESXi (including HA and DRS capabilities)
- Competent in configuration / maintenance of Cisco network equipment and have ability to investigate, diagnose and resolve complex LAN / / WLAN / WAN issues
- Good understanding and experience of developing and maintaining IT disaster recovery plans and business continuity solutions
- Be able to produce and maintain accurate technical documentation of configuration, procedures and processes
- High level of understanding of IT security and associated risk management
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements
- Experience configuring and managing Cisco Unified Comms. (CUCM, CUC, CUAC, UCCX)
- VB script and / or PowerShell scripting experience and understanding
- Experience with SNMP/Syslog/NetFlow analysis/WMI
- Cisco CCNA
- Microsoft professional certification
- Outstanding problem solver.
- Customer oriented.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Accountability - must be responsible and accountable for assigned work and projects.
- Able to understand technical solutions quickly and to a deep level.
- Brilliant at communicating and documenting change.
- Fully aware of managing the risk associated with core system and infrastructural change.
- Experience of delivering outstanding robust solutions in a corporate IT environment.
Role Purpose and Key Responsibilities
- Ensure stability of all IT infrastructure and components.
- Monitoring and management of IT server estate and local / wide area networks.
- Maintenance of IT backup and disaster recovery solutions, procedures and documentation.
- Maintenance and upkeep of IT infrastructure documentation and diagrams.
- Co-ordinate all aspects of IT security; e.g. server patching, firewall configuration, client endpoint protection, mobile device security etc.
- Ownership of IT infrastructure documentation.
- Ownership of IT Infrastructure operational processes and controls.
- Own and manage IT infrastructure projects.
- Co-ordinate all aspects of IT security.
- Control Costs and Drive Value.
- Commit to the continued advancement of the IT function through effective and relevant knowledge sharing and team training.
- Act as a technical escalation point for members of the IT Service Desk.
- Accept from time-to-time that the role encompasses more than that which is contained herein, and be a team player.
- Take an active part in upholding the Company’s Health and Safety Policy, as set out in the company handbook.
- Provide support and conduct intrusive work out-of-hours as required.
Please note, only successfully candidates will be contacted for the short listing process