We're looking for a standout events Marketing Director to take the lead across a portfolio of growing B2B exhibitions / expos / trade shows as well as conferences, briefings and training courses. You'll need to be an experienced events professional with excellent people-management skills and a strong marketing background.
This is an opportunity for a driven, entrepreneurial and tech-savvy Marketing Director to manage and lead the marketing, data and web teams across the business' events portfolio.
This is a senior position within a hugely successful and profitable organiser serving the public sector - with a mixture of direct and dotted-line reports. The business is a UK-leader in its sector, having shown consistent growth for a number of years.
In order to be successful, you'll need events in your DNA and ooze extensive experience as an events marketing professional, having worked for a large-scale organiser. You'll have responsibility for ensuring that attendee (delegates and visitors) and revenue targets are achieved across the board and that best practice and continuous process improvement is at the heart of the marketing function.
You will be required to:
- Recommend and deliver effective marketing and attendee development strategies which demonstrably and profitably build and engage audiences across the business
- Design and facilitate marketing strategy and plans across all events
- Provide clear vision and inspiration to all the marketing teams, raising performance standards, embedding best practice and ensuring optimum operational efficiency
- Establish and communicate a set of defined marketing campaign metrics and attendance goals
- Work in conjunction with the central data team to build and develop data assets
- Manage budgets and targets for all events in line with business requirements
- Report back to Portfolio/Divisional Directors on effectiveness of campaigns, areas of concern, new innovations and ability to achieve business targets;
- Oversee all marketing communications and analysis within the event portfolio including:
- Copy, design, mailing, printing, PR and external advertising, online and digital marketing, post event analysis and intelligence, competitor intelligence and more
- Budget setting, forecasting and P&L management
- Experience in implementing CRM software and defining work processes
- Proven collaborative skills with both internal stakeholders and external partners
- Track record in recruiting and managing high performing individuals
- Contributing to business direction and strategy at a senior level
- Strong communication skills - ability to negotiate with suppliers, and maintain professional internal and external relationships.
- Strong self-awareness and understanding of effectiveness and impact
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills;
- Unafraid of getting their hands dirty but also able to take a strategic view, with the ability to flit seamlessly between granular detail and long-term vision
- Self-motivated, professional and focused in all aspects of work
- The ability to thrive in a challenging, fast paced and high pressure environment
- Comfortable with accountability at a senior level
- The ability to guffaw loudly at deeply pressured times!
Why this is a great opportunity:
- The salary on offer is £65,000 - £75,000, reflective of experience - there will also be additional bonus and reward opportunities
- The company is a highly successful and profitable organisation, having created a platform where leading industry experts, high-profile speakers and sector employees can form partnerships, network and work towards common goals
Based in Central London, UK.