Assistant Financial Accountant
We’re looking for a Part Qualified Accountant who is looking to continue their studies and develop a career as a senior accountant and Finance Manger.
This company is a large UK Plc and this role sits within one of their largest Divisions. Reporting in to the Senior Financial Accountant, this is a great role someone looking to progress.
Main Job Purpose
Assist the Financial Accountant in the preparation of all monthly internal and external management reports, interim and year end reporting packs, regulatory returns and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Support the production of monthly financial accounts, quarterly financial reporting and annual statutory accounts.
- Support the Financial Accountant in ensuring that financial and management reporting to the Bank, Business Managing Directors, and Executive team is performed accurately & to prescribed timescales and quality standards.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the business.
- Maintain and ensure Leasing and Rentals funding flow is accurate and posted on a timely manner.
- Liaise and work with the AAT team to complete the call account reconciliation, post call account interest charge and sweep for month-end.
- Support the Assistant Financial Accountant in responding to internal & external queries promptly.
- Put together KPIs for the commercial division, understand monthly performance and provide commentary on key monthly variances for the profit & loss and Balance Sheet.
- Preparation, management and completion of all balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis including Fixed Assets, accruals, prepayments, funding and inter-company.
- Assist the Assistant Financial Accountant in the preparation of interim and year end financial packs, statutory accounts and deal with queries for year-end audit and tax computation.
- Assist the Assistant Financial Accountant on ad-hoc projects.
- Build relationships with other stakeholders within the business such as Operations Finance, FP&A and Head of Finance.
Education & Qualifications
- Part qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Good financial accounting experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work productively with people at all levels in the organisation
- Ability to pick up new skills and tasks quickly
- Able to work at a fast pace
- Self starter
- Financial Services experience
- Good commercial awareness
- SAP knowledge