R&D Lead Engineer - Edinburgh - up to £50,000
Enigma People Solutions is looking for R&D Lead engineer to join our award winning, Edinburgh based client. Working as the Research and Development Lead (R&D Lead) within the Research and Development team, you will be responsible for working with the CTO to set the direction of research and development for concepts/technology related to future products as well as the products that are currently under development.
- Research and actively contribute to the state-of-the-art (SoTA) technology in optical wireless communications. This includes being constantly informed about the current SoTA concepts in the field and establishing strategic relationships with relevant research organisations based around the world.
- Construct and refine lab demonstrators for the purpose of validating and characterising technology concepts disclosed in SoTA research publications.
- Actively generate and develop novel concepts and technologies to support the company’s technology and product roadmaps.
- Collaborate with engineering management/leadership to continuously map the research roadmap and topics.
- Actively collaborate with the IP Manager to bolster the robustness of the patent portfolio and generate new patents in areas of strategic importance.
- Recruit, supervise, and mentor members of the R&D team and student placements (g., PhD candidates).
- PhD in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Digital Communications Engineering, Digital Signal Processing, Applied Physics, Optics, or another similar field.
- Prior work experience in industry and/or as an active researcher in academia in the field of optical communications, wireless communications or ideally optical wireless communications.
- Very good analytical skills.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Good simulation and programming skills.
- Good laboratory skills (use of scopes, analysers, generators, power supplies, soldering station, etc.)
- Ability to work independently.
- Academic background with substantial research experience.
- Publication/academic track record.
- Patent track record.
Apply today by clicking the button below, or alternatively apply with your CV and a cover email highlighting any additional information in support of your application to Matt at Enigma people solutions.