Territory Account Manager
DS Smith has an exciting opportunity for a Territory Account Manager to join the successful Plymouth sales team. This role is a superb opportunity to be a part of a world-leading packaging company and to join the Plymouth business in a front line sales role. If you are experienced and excel in selling value solutions with a strong bias toward customer service we would like to hear from you!
Strong Account Management whilst being mindful of new business opportunities will be key to this role. You will be responsible for maintaining ongoing working relationships with existing customers, delivering an excellent service at all times and ensuring that budgeted sales are as a minimum achieved. You will also be responsible for generating new business aligned with the site strategy, building strong, lasting, valued commitments with new and existing customers.
Furthermore, you will maintain knowledge of market trends, product developments and customer profiles in order to produce selling plans and market platforms to establish future sales. Your financial responsibility will include meeting your annual sales budget targets, margin management and commercial awareness.
As well as liaising with external customers, you will also build good internal relationships both within the Sales Team, other departments and sites across DS Smith in order to achieve goals and maintain service excellence.
• Successful track record of working in a sales function ideally within the corrugated Packaging industry
• Excellent territory management skills
• New business development experience, particularly within a packaging environment
• Commercially astute and consultative approach to selling with project management attitude and skills
• Excellent relationship building and communication skills
• Strong influencing skills with experience of working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
• Self-motivated, Ambitious, entrepreneurial, with excellent team player skills
• A confident and tenacious approach to all aspects of work
• A good understanding of the packaging process
• Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
• Computer literate, with a good understanding of Microsoft Office software, numeracy & literacy skills
About DS Smith: DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion. The organisation employs over 26,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary: £25-30k with car and bonus
• 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Contributory pension
• Annual cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers