Are you an experienced (PQ, Qual or QBE) Accountant looking to join a fast-paced working environment?
Do you want to work on specialist transition related finance projects?
Here at JacTravel, we are looking for a Project Accountant to join our team in London. As a company, we are a key supplier of online hotel bookings and offer inbound travel services to the tourism sector. We have received numerous awards since we were first established in 1975, one of the most recent awards being the Queen’s Award for Enterprise 2016.
Upon joining our team, you will take responsibility for the financial aspects of the transition to a single platform. You will manage our year-end process including financial consolidation, statutory financial statements and tax analysis. Our project work will also relate to our geographical expansion (international) too.
Please note that this position is initially a 1 year fixed term Contract.
What’s the role about?
Your responsibilities will cover four essential areas:
- Financial Aspects (reconciliation, data validation checks, updating the reports and control processes, monitoring and improving data flows and certain month-end checks)
- Year-End Process (financial reporting consolidation model, statutory statements, tax analysis, year-end audit file and completion and preparation of the R&D tax credit submission)
- Geographical Expansion (supporting our FD in setting up legal entities)
- Reconciliation and Financial Control (addressing current priority items as determined by our current 'Control and Risk’ matrix).
An in-depth job description will be provided upon application.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be joining a team of 20 and will be working closely with our Finance Director and Financial Controller. We put teamwork at the forefront of everything we do. This is an exciting new opportunity for an accountant who wants to utilise their skillset working on key strategic projects over the course of the year.
Pending on where the team will be in the future, there is ample opportunity for you to move up the ladder whilst gaining commercial experience in an incredible sector.
In addition to this, our other company benefits are:
- Have the chance to travel to some of the most amazing locations in your market
- Up to 75% off with our selected partners if you book travel through JacTravel as an employee
- 25 days of annual leave
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Family and friends discount for hotel bookings
- Biannual eye test contributions, Employee Assistant Programme, Best Doctors Service
- Season Ticket Loan, JacPot online benefits platform (discounts on high street retails)
What can you bring to the table?
- Have you worked in a high-volume, high-growth commercial environment?
- Can you complete projects towards agreed deadlines?
- Are you enthusiastic and passionate about producing a high-level quality of work?
If "Yes! - we would love to hear from you!