Are you looking for your next step in your Career?
Due to my client continuing to grow they are looking for a Mechanical Technician to join the team around the Bristol area. The role requires an individual who is capable of carrying out duties in accordance with relevant legislation including the ACOP L8 "The control of Legionella Bacteria in Water Systems’’ and TR19 - Internal Cleanliness of Ventilation Systems. The candidate must have an NVQ 2 in Plumbing as a minimum and mechanical engineering experience.
Duties on remedial works include:
- Carry out service and repairs, breakdowns and installation of HVAC heating and ventilation services plant and associated equipment, and mechanical water systems to include hot water calorifiers, LTHW systems, domestic hot and cold water systems
- Carry out service, breakdowns and installation of water treatment plant & associated equipment including water softeners
- Liaison with the client at all levels and reporting back to Supervisor
- Problem solving whilst on site to a solution
- Carry out site surveys to price jobs as required
- Temperature monitoring
- Bacteriological sampling
- Cleaning and disinfection of systems including cooling towers
- Modifications to and problem solving on hot, cold and LTHW heating systems
- Installation and maintenance of base exchange water softeners
- Installation and maintenance of chemical dosing systems
- Installation and maintenance of pumps
- Dosing of chemicals into various water systems
- Completing paperwork and logbooks
- Liaison with the client at all levels
- Report writing
- The work will be cleaning and disinfections by the means of entering ductwork either through a confined space or access points to clean and decontaminate the ductwork, using either manual or mechanical cleaning methods all in accordance with TR19 and applicable COSHH regulations.
- Grease readings of the internal of kitchen extracts and grease filter cleans
- Mechanical Water Systems Maintenance background
- Air and Water Hygiene background
- Plumbing qualification
- Ability to work in a close team
- Ability to organise those you are working with on site
- Have a proven track record of skills
- Organised, with attention to detail
- Full driving license
- Essential Electrics certificate and experience.
THOMAS Recruitment is committed to assisting you in your job search with YOUR CAREER at Heart.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity please send us your CV.