Technical Sales Consultant - London
Our client are an established manufacturer of ergonomic contract furniture. They are looking to employ a Technical Sales Consultant to develop existing and new relationships with London’s leading Architectural practices.
Operating within the UK Sales Department, the Technical Consultant’s responsibility will include, but not be limited to the following duties:
- Responsible for generating new business through the A&D Community
- Build new and develop existing relationships within the A&D community to drive specification towards our products & services
- Provide technical & product support
- Target A&D practices bringing back to the business information such as detailed contact lists, project information, Organogram etc
- Identify key decision makers on specific projects and be at the centre of integrated approach & involve Account Managers accordingly
- Support and update Account Managers on projects with information gained through A&D contacts
- Attend end user mock up’s and presentations as required
- Ensure all requests from clients are efficiently fulfilled
- Prepare project specifications/quotations for A&D Community as necessary
- Provide new products/upgrade presentations as necessary
- Ensure all enquires, quotations, sample request’s and general administration duties are dealt with effectively & efficiently.
- Maintain CRM database - Salesforce, on a daily basis to include but not limited to; completing pipelines, quotations, sales forecasts.
- Work with dedicated Sales Support person so they can assist you in day to day admin duties when you are not in the office
- Attend events/exhibitions as and when required
Continual Professional Development (CPD):
All architects must carry out continuing professional development (CPD) workshops. They must attend a minimum 35 hours of CPD workshops each year and build up at least 100 learning points from attending CPD presentations. CPD is really only a concept. It is a flexible approach to maintaining competence, and is a requirement common to most professions.
- Organise and undertake a minimum 2-3 CPD seminars p/c/m to A&D practises
- Assist account managers with CPD’s to OEM’s, Furniture dealers and end users
- Maintain database and update with the contact details of attendees to CPD’s and follow up
- Continue to review the CPD presentation content and update with any new legislations etc.
DSE (Display Screen Equipment):
The Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) regulations came into force on 1st January 1993; some minor changes were made in 2002. They seek to protect the health of workers by reducing risks associated with VDU use.
- Provide advance DSE training
- Conduct DSE assessment for end users
- Promote and undertake DSE/ Ergonomic presentations
- Assist Account Managers with Ergonomic presentations
- As ergonomic & DSE Champion, advise management on the latest regulatory guidelines, including but not limited to those effecting information contained in presentation collaterals
- Work with the Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA) to ensure all presentations are up to date
- Comfortable working as part of a team
- Able to multi-task and prioritise workloads
- Able to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Computer literate and confident with the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Presentation skills
- Build relationships with clients
- Time management
- Account management
- Maintain smart business like dress code at all times
- Motivated self-starter with a 'can do approach’
- Professional attitude to work
- Confident and able to clearly communicate with a variety of audiences
- £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
- Realistic and achievable commission
- Travel and Business Expenses