Salary: £26,000 - £28,000 per Annum .
Reporting to: Hospitality Manager & General Manager
Working Week: Monday to Friday , Permanent contract 40 hours per week + overtime according to the business
Overview: The Admiral Group are exclusively working with a leading contract caterer that works within one of the largest professional services firm in the world and is one of the "Big Four" accounting firms. We are looking for a proactive, client facing, experienced Sommelier that works well as an individual but also with in a team. Ideally looking for previous experience in Corporate hospitality however, this is not essential, if you have worked your way up in Restaurants and private members clubs your application will be considered.
Overall Objectives: The responsibility of a sommelier is to welcome clients and to ensure the overall dining experience is exceptional. To emphasis on the advisory, execution and training of superior wine knowledge and service. To provide leadership and guidance to their team and work in conjunction with the Events management team.
• Confirmed excellent knowledge of wine and fine dining services.
• To provide a professional, warm and courteous welcome to all clients on arrival.
• To provide a professional and expert guidance to all wines on the list to clients, guests and team members.
• To work under the guidance and direction of the event management team regarding bookings, style of service and delivery.
• Understanding the importance of positive clients’ interaction and instilling this ethos in the team around you.
• Take responsibility for wine orders by liaising with the event team. Ensure excellent execution and delivery of first class wine service.
• To be focused on achievement of Key Performance Indicators set out by the management team, and deliver them.
• To liaise and communicate with other service providers in a clear and timely manner to ensure service delivery and team work.
• To anticipate clients’ needs, to ensure their expectations are met and where possible exceeded and to provide personalised service.
• Stocktaking ( wine/liquor/equipment).
• Wine/liquor deliveries.
• Invoices management and recording.
• Developing and updating the wine list in line with budget and client’s expectation.
• Correct use of Zonal system.
• Basic knowledge in Liquors/spirits/cocktails.
• To supervise/manage events and staff as required by the business.
• Experience and skills in administration tasks, booking coordination, events organization.
• To ensure that clients are given a prompt and efficient service.
• To be focused at all times, by being visible during meal periods, communicating and determining client expectations and delivering.
• To ensure that all agreed service objectives are met in line with clients expectations.
• To ensure that you are aware of all company policies and procedures and adhere to the standards at all times.
• To maintain high levels of personal and food hygiene.
• To record, report and monitor all accidents within the location
Health & Safety, Food Safety, the Environment:
• To record and report all accidents within the location by adhering to the company procedures.
• To ensure all equipment is well maintained and is in good working order.
• To maintain location cleaning schedules.
• To ensure that all company procedures and work instructions are fully understood and practised by all your team.
• To attend all health and safety training courses as required.
If this role sounds like the next step for you please apply today. This role is live and we are looking to start interviewing as soon as possible.