Sponsorship and Exhibition Sales Manager
My client is a leading UK charity who are looking to increase their events offering. They are looking for a Sponsorship and exhibitions manager to join the team and drive revenue for their events which take place year round.
My client is one of the biggest healthcare based charities in the UK. They currently have well over 180,000 members and provide funding for a range of research project. Yearly they will supply over £1.5million in funding a grants to research facilities.
The sponsorship and exhibition Sales manager will be key part of the events team. You role will be to proactively engage with stakeholders, marketing the events and selling stand space and sponsorship opportunities. Currently the team use mostly reactive techniques which has led to very little new interest in the events.
Other responsibilities will include:
- To devise and implement an agreed sales and communications strategy for the covering exhibition space, conference sponsorship, sponsored symposia and other conference-related products.
- To personally sell exhibition space and sponsorship opportunities to existing and prospective exhibitors and sponsors and to achieve and exceed agreed sales targets.
- To cultivate and manage relationships with exhibitors and sponsors throughout the year and be onsite during the conference period to manage relationships and ensure all contractual arrangements are met
- To identify opportunities for developing the exhibition and corporate element of the conference in order to generate income and meet the changing needs of sponsors, exhibitors and delegates while meeting the objectives
- To understand the values of the charity and the strategic purpose and ensure that no corporate agreement conflicts with these.
- To produce copy for and oversee the design and production of all exhibition and sponsorship sales collateral and the exhibition and sponsorship elements of the Conference Guide.
- To work collaboratively with the Event Manager to ensure smooth delivery of the exhibition and sponsorship elements of the conference.
The successful Sponsorship and Exhibition Sales Manager will have the following skills.
- 3-5 years' experience in B2B conference exhibition and sponsorship sales, ideally in the Medical/Healthcare sector
- Experience of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with exhibitors and sponsors
- Experience of managing significant income and expenditure budgets to agreed targets
- Proven sales and negotiation skills with a track-record of achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Commercially astute and capable of identifying business opportunities
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communicator, authoritative and credible ambassador for the charity
- Highly organised, efficient, methodical, with good attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Independent, self-motivated, resilient, capable of working under pressure
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite, including: MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
The successful sponsorship and exhibition sales manager will receive
- Competitive salary between £33,000 and £35,000
- Excellent Benefits package
- Initial 9 month contract with an opportunity to go permanent
- London based
- Excellent team culture