Site Engineering Manager
Must live in NORTH LONDON
Up to £45k, dependant on experience
Day based role
Tuesday - Saturday (Sunday/Monday days off)
An opportunity to work for a category leading UK manufacture has arisen. This is an exciting opportunity to join a site in a phase of significant investment & growth. The manufacturing site homes two businesses, both of whom; grow, harvest and pack fresh produce with 100 employees.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will take accountability for implementing the company hygiene standards, micro programme and supporting the QA Manager with all things food safety! Training will be provided for the right person*
*energetic, passionate and relentless in their ability to continuously improve hygiene standards!
This role reports into the COO and has responsibility for all site engineering, machinery, systems, personnel and ensuring the site is efficiently run to the Health & Safety of the site.
- H & S will be a priority when leading the team:
o Electricals - Duty Holder
o PUWER - Duty Holder
- Overall responsibility for all the company sites to ensure work is carried out to maintenance schedule, safely and within budget to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Ensure all sites are run efficiently, cleanly and safely.
- Supervision of sites and other local sites. Liaison with the client, arrange work schedules, collection and delivery of site materials.
- Own all site based projects
- Review work prior to start of projects, assess hazards and make recommendations to avoid any possible problems. Monitor hazards throughout duration of project.
- Ensure permits to work are signed and displayed. Carry out site audits to confirm compliance with permit.
- Ensure that completed jobs are signed off and that the client is satisfied.
- Confirm timesheets are correctly completed with the correct allocation of job numbers.
- Available for call outs to cover minor emergency works.
- Awareness of the Health & Safety at Works Act 1974 (HSAW) and all subsequent legislation issued by the Health & Safety Executive and seek assistance or guidance that is necessary.
- Ensure that employees understand the Company’s Health & Safety Policy and any Health & Safety rules relating to their role.
- Ensure that safety and health factors are fully taken into account when designing equipment and operating procedures.
- Ensure employees are adequately trained and fully aware of any Health & Safety hazards in their work space and the reporting of accidents, near misses and hazards.
- Responsibility for making suitable and sufficient Risk Assessments for the health and safety of employees and also persons not in your employment arising out of or in connection with the conduct by them or their undertaking.
- Set up a system of discipline in cases where breaches of the Company’s Safety Policy occur.
- Site lead for compliance to PUWER Regulations with adequate training provided
Salary -Up to £45,000
Pension - match up to 5%
Childcare vouchers - Yes
20 +8 stat days