Development Team Lead NodeJS / AWS / Java West London, £70K
Development Team Lead (Hands on) NodeJS / AWS / Java, West London, £70K
We have a brand new opportunity within a large media company who are we are helping recruit an Hands on Development Team Lead with good NodeJS, AWS, Java / Scala skills based in West London. You will be a technical lead ideally with some mentoring / management experience. 70% of your time will be spent hands on solving technical problems and pair-programming with your team and 30% of your time will be management. You will be the Product owner and also act as a Project Manager when required so you will have strong stakeholder management skills.
On a daily basis you will tackle a wide range of challenges from scaling to improving to building tools to optimise services. Even applying machine learning will be part of your job.
What You'll Need:
* Highly proficient in building RESTful web services
* Developing software using TDD/BDD techniques
* Deep understanding of scalable web architecture
* Demonstrable experience of leading a technical team and projects- however we would consider someone who has mentored not necessarily directly managed a team, but shows great potential and is looking for a step up
* You will be building micros-services architecture in: Node.js / Protgres / Redis, AWS - Cloudformation, EC2, VPC, Lambda
Why you'll want it:
If you enjoy working in an agile, fast-moving environment where everything is built with scale and performance in mind, this is the perfect place for you. This is a great opportunity to take the lead on driving to the next level of excellence. Further to this, you will be surrounded by like-minded technical professionals who will challenge the way you think, encourage innovation and bring the best out in you. We reward for hard work and encourage progression but don't want you to kill yourself doing it- work life balance and happy humans are key to our great culture!
Feel free to contact Humza Khan on or email for more information. Apply Now