Business Development Manager
Excellent opportunity for a highly-ambitious exhibition or conference sales professional to join a rapidly growing organiser operating in the finance / technology sectors. This role is based in London and requires a confident and sociable sales-professional, comfortable pitching to and networking with both startups and blue-chip giants alike. Must have sponsorship sales experience.
You'll be working on a leading expo, currently heading into a key year for scale and opportunity. You'll inject growth into the business by securing new commercial partners, nurturing existing relationships and driving sponsorship and exhibition investment.
There are multiple opportunities to sell to an enormous universe of prospects with many ways to increase yield and upsell to existing customers. You just need the appetite to make it happen!
- You'll need to come to project meetings armed with more than just a pipeline - you'll need a clear view on your market drivers and inhibitors as well as a strong understanding of competitors and the industry as a whole
- Maintaining regular contact with client and formulating innovative ways to add value to their businesses
- You'll maintain close liaison with marketing, production and operations teams in order to ensure successful delivery of customer-focussed events
- Managing a sales forecast, pipeline and producing accurate sales reports
- Identifying opportunities for growth from competitive media, events and other business sources
- Ambition and hunger for driving the growth of a large-scale exhibition
- Strong track record in B2B sales within exhibitions or conferences (media / publishing may also be considered)
- Knowledge of sponsorship sales and building high-value sponsorship packages is essential
- A solid sales process and great commercial acumen with a proven track record in achieving against target
- Excellent communication skills - comfortable with networking and building relationships at all levels
- Able to maintain a fluid and adaptive approach, working towards both short and long-term targets
- Understanding of technology / IT terminology and / or knowledge of the financial sector is preferable
Why this is a great opportunity
- This is a flexible sales role with plenty of autonomy and responsibility. You'll be expected to be the master of your own destiny - developing your own relationships and finding your own path to success
- The business is rapidly expanding, with plenty of opportunity for future growth and reward and an excellent career track
- The salary on offer is £40,000 - £45,000 with uncapped commission and expected OTE of £60,000 - £80,000
- The role is based in central London and easily accessible from a main central underground station