Michael Page are recruiting for an IT Application Officer to cover a fixed term contract until March 2019 for their client based in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
The client is based in Newcastle Upon Tyne and looking for an IT Application Officer to join their team on a fixed term basis until March 2019.
The IT Application Officer's duties would include:
- Providing second and third line implementation, maintenance and application and interface support services to ensure the stable operation of the organisation's applications to deliver the end-to-end business process.
- Providing resource in the support of the implementation of some large-scale projects.
- Working closely with service desk team to resolve incidents within SLAs and undertake problem management
- Identifying operational problems and provide a resolution
- Providing technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures
- Contributing to the planning of maintenance and installation work and implement planned updates
- Planning application support activities
- Working with ICT team members and assess system requirements and specifications, identifying and addressing any potential issues prior to implementation.
- Implementing, configuring, and supporting applications during the hours required by the Business
- Implementing service continuity / disaster recovery, capacity management, configuration and asset management, data protection and IT security
- Ensuring all applications adhere to security policies and appropriate escalation processes are in place for all applications
- Working with internal and external supplier relationships
- Introducing, promoting and encouraging enterprise and innovation throughout the team
- Estimating and carrying out systems work to time, budget and quality targets and in accordance with appropriate standards.
- Taking appropriate responsibility for IT Security
- Maintaining up to date reporting and accurate inventory information
The successful candidate will:
- Have a working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS including database management tools like Toad or Oracle Developer
- Have a working knowledge of SQL server databases including database management tools like MS SQL Server Management Studio
- Have experience of Unix Shell Scripts and commands
- Have a working knowledge of Development Language
- Be able to demonstrable application support and development experience.
- Have the ability to develop practical solutions to user and system requirements.
- Have good analytic and problem solving skills
- Have the ability to manage and prioritise tasks and work schedules
- Have positive customer service skills
- Have the ability to advise, guide and communicate technical issues to non technical staff Be educated to graduate level or equivalent with experience of the application of relevant tools in a multidisciplinary ICT organisation.
- Foundation Certificate in ITIL Service Management
- Have knowledge of the public sector
- Have evidence of involvement and positive contribution to ICT projects.
Fixed Term Contract until March 2019