Product Manager - Edinburgh - up to £45,000
Enigma People Solutions is recruiting a Product Manager to join a pioneering team, creating a new wireless future.
The Product Manager is responsible as part of the product management team for developing and maintaining the company’s product portfolio and roadmap; for outlining individual product opportunities and definitions within the portfolio at conception or update; for ensuring regular portfolio change control; for defining and managing individual products and/or product families within the product portfolio throughout their lifecycles; and for working with business development, sales, marketing, engineering, supply chain, project management, customer support and other functions.
- The product management team owns the overall portfolio and the individual products and/or product families within it from before conception until end of life. As part of that team, the Product Manager is responsible for:
- Leading the Portfolio Planning Process for creation and periodic update of a product portfolio
- Creating Product Briefs, outlining all major product characteristics, as well as target markets, product purpose, competitive positioning, proposition, market timing, etc.
- Establishing portfolio investment cases
- Ensuring regular portfolio governance and change control
- Responsible for cradle-to-grave product lifecycle management of individual products within the portfolio
- Planning for replacement and obsolescence in the context of the overall portfolio
- Capturing customer and market requirements and intelligence, as well as competitive intelligence, in cooperation with Senior Management, Business Development, Sales and Marketing, and incorporating those learnings into portfolio and product planning
- Educated to degree level, ideally in either Engineering or Business Administration/Marketing, plus extensive experience with highly technical product
- Solid commercial experience in product management and deliver
- Broad technical background, preferably with understanding and/or hands-on experience in semiconductor and optoelectronic product delivery
- Current in-depth technical understanding/subject matter expertise of electronics and software products, both at a component and system level, or a demonstrated ability rapidly to acquire such knowledge, including:
- Relevant hardware and software elements and development processes
- Market dynamics and sales process
- Underlying technical components
- Proven ability to shape innovative technology and customer requirements into compelling and differentiated product propositions
For more information or a more detailed discussion on the role and its requirements, please contact Matt Golebiewski at Enigma people solutions.