£26,000 to £28,000 plus excellent benefits
Ambridge Harris has been engaged by a globally leading business based in North Bristol to secure a Payroll Assistant for their Bristol site. You will be tasked with enabling the delivery of the payroll service, particularly in providing an efficient and effective payroll administration and processing service via end to end processing of data together with ensuring the delivery of a responsive and customer orientated service by meeting a range of fluctuating daily demands
- To maintain all necessary computerised payroll records and to process all changes including starters, secondments, transfers, leavers and other amendments to payroll
- To process and input permanent and temporary payment data into relevant systems
- To generate payments to employees, e.g. from interface files and other authorised documentation
- Follow post payroll processes ensuring that payroll sign off is completed in accordance with audit requirements.
- Ensure that all permanent reports and statutory returns are produced in line with the Payroll Timetables.
- To deal with payroll enquires concerning payments made to employees, including liaising with relevant contacts
- To compile and analyse ad hoc reports for internal and external customers as required
- To report relevant costing data for processing into appropriate financial systems
- Where appropriate investigate and resolve customer queries, comments, suggestions compliments and complaints.
- To assist with process improvement including system enhancement and testing
Skills and attributes required
- Detailed knowledge of statutory regulations relating to pay
- Excellent communication and PC skills
- High level of discretion and diplomacy
- Ability to organise own workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self motivation
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.