My Client is a prestigious law firm with offices in the UK and the far East. They specialise in insurance and corporates with clients ranging from large multi-nationals to UK corporate firms and other professional practices, and include many household names.
Their City of London office is now looking to hire.
• Undertake pro-active regular reviews and follow up chasing of outstanding debts
• Produce debtor analysis for key clients and partners and ensure compliance with clients specific protocols / SLA's
• Identify and develop key client contacts necessary to secure recovery
• Liaise with Partners / client leads and advise of any issues, developing strategies to resolve where appropriate
• Support lawyers with reconciliations and ad hoc debtor analysis
• Identify any problem debts and ensure compliance with escalation policy
• Meet monthly team and individual cash collection & aging targets
• Adherence to internal credit control procedures (including use of ARCS credit control software), escalation policy and best practice
• Ensure all relevant details are provided for third party collection processes and agents
• Liaise with service providers, claims handlers and others on collections (i.e. Lloyds)
• Analyse market breakdown and calculate correct proportions due by insurer
• Implementation of standard market collections strategy across insurance groups for collection of fees
• Conduct regular Partner meetings with the Revenue Controllers to ensure a joined up approach to the working capital cycle and drive appropriate actions for recovery and debt prevention
• Contribute to internal review of policies and know-how for capturing market information from file inception through to recovery
• A minimum of 2 years’ Credit Control experience in the legal/insurance sector
• Varied commercial and insurance collections.
• Proven achievement of results driven performance.
• Great interpersonal skills with people at all levels.
• Comfortable working with minimal supervision as well as in a team.
• Highly pro-active with organisational, systems, planning skills.
• Excellent engaging and verbal communication skills for effective business led targets.
• Strong commercial awareness and readiness to challenge
• Strong IT skills and excellent working knowledge of Aderant and ARCS (or similar), including knowledge of financial controls & SAR's
• Superior attention to detail with accuracy balanced and ability to see 'big picture’
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this permanent / temporary / fixed term contract vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.