Asset Management Assistant Hedge Fund £20K London
Our client is an alternative investment manager which specialises in quantitative investing.
The management team has amassed numerous years of experience in the institutional alternative asset management space and in systematic investing.
They believe that markets are fundamentally inefficient. The application of scientific analysis across a wide range of financial markets allows them to capture those inefficiencies. This approach relies on a systematic approach to managing risk using their own sophisticated mathematical techniques.
This is a grad job offering up to £20K per annum depending on your level of experience and how impressive you are at interview stage.
How you can expect to spend your day:
This is a great opportunity for a graduate to work in industry and gain experience in an exciting Hedge Fund Asset management business. This company have an enviable record of accomplishment as a Global Multi-Strategy Quant Asset Manager delivering positive low volatility returns in both rising and declining markets.
This is a varied role and you will be exposed to a wide range of areas within the company. Below is a brief outline of some of the areas the role will cover:
- Ensure that all office information is filed and stored correctly
- Ensure office is stocked with stationary
- Manage stationary and sundries (kitchen stocks etc).
- Manage Business card print orders.
- Manage and arrange any office supplies
- Assist Directors in managing diary - booking meetings and travel (note only booking meetings for Directors with more than 2 external parties involved)
- Work with shared receptionist to co-ordinate building passes, welcome guests, etc
- Manage the hosting of important meetings (taking to Board room, setting up presentations, providing drinks, food if required)
- Manage meeting room calendar
- Manage sales ledger - issue Sales invoices
- Chase payments
- Manage invoices and purchase ledger. Liaise with CEO on payments
- Work with COO to produce end of month P+L and reports for management team
- Liaise with Bookeeper
- Managing follow ups from sales meetings, ensuring meetings, contracts are followed up.
- Contact potential clients directly to source, compile & qualify sales leads – Strong communications skills a must!
- Work with CMO to help identify incremental areas of commercial growth
- Harness your Excel knowledge to formulate coherent reporting & targeting templates.
- Correlate & distribute weekly sales updates to all staff
- Managing client expectations, ensuring all outstanding queries are being dealt with, and new ones can be met.
- Establishing and maintaining strong client relationships through regular and close contact through regular telephone, email and face to face meetings.
- Daily communication with both sales and marketing to ensure smooth client management
- Leverage your creative & PowerPoint skills to help build bespoke sales decks
- Ensuring that all sales/marketing material up to date - ready for clients on request
- Be available at short notice to help entertain key contacts.
- Consume daily updates from all relevant trade sites & blogs
- Research and create Events calendar
- Working with CMO to organise event management
- Work with CMO to create monthly marketing material and performance stats for publication
- Work with CMO and any 3rd party P.R and sales and distributor relationships
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
- Although you do not require any experience for this position, an interest in media and digital advertising would be an advantage.
- This is a demanding role and you will need to work well under pressure and have the ability to manage your own work load as well as working as part of a team.
- Must have a degree
- Highly organised and ability to work to strict deadlines
- Self-starter and motivated individual