CAS are part of Carillion plc, one of the UK’s leading integrated support services companies, with a substantial portfolio of clients worldwide. CAS has an excellent track record in a wide array of legal support services, operating in both the public and private sectors. We are known for the quality of our legal and advice services and hold the Law Society’s Lexcel quality assurance accreditation. We provide a focused and dedicated paralegal resource in a varied and expanding range of legal areas and competencies. We currently deliver many thousands of hours of support each year to Carillion’s own in-house legal team, in addition to working closely with Carillion’s external legal advisors and corporate clients.
As a Legal Advisor you will deliver high quality, closely managed, audit-tested and cost-effective paralegal services to internal and external clients of Carillion, ensuring delivery of the highest possible standards in terms of client care, accuracy and comprehensiveness of the service in line with the client’s requirements.
The areas of our advice include:
• Internal in-house paralegal support for Carillion lawyers
• Housing and debt advice under the CLA contract
• Employment law advice
• Managed legal services to Carillion's network panel of firms and third pary clients.
To provide accurate, relevant, timely and comprehensive legal services in line with the client’s instructions, tailoring the service to the individual circumstances in order to deliver an efficient service and achieve the best outcome for the client.
- To communicate with clients professionally and impartially (with empathy, patience and a respect for diversity and equal opportunity) in order to deliver a trusted, reliable and user-friendly service.
- To adhere to the Data Protection Act and Carillion policies regarding confidentiality in order to provide legal services compliant with current law and best practice.
- To manage their time effectively and be an active and supportive team member, working with colleagues in achieving team objectives in order to meet deadlines and targets in quality and productivity.
- Where necessary, providing support and assistance to other business areas in order to maintain and improve departmental performance standards.
- To be subject to regular local supervision of progress against objectives and contractual KPIs and escalate issues when required to the appropriate individuals.
- To act in a professional manner and be able to work independently with the minimum of supervision, while recognising the limits of their knowledge or responsibility and seeking support or guidance where appropriate.
- To keep up to date with legislative or procedural changes which may have an impact on service delivery and the accuracy and standards of services provided in order to provide a professional and efficient service and mitigate any risks in terms of the services provided.
- To be committed to continuous improvement and be supportive of, and to assist with, the implementation of process change and improvement where identified in order to contribute to the success and sustainability of the department.
- Act as client representatives in court hearings
Essential Skills and Experience
•Law Degree and/or relevant legal work experience
•Has a commitment to delivering a quality and efficient managed legal service
•Excellent organisational skills and a proven track record of delivering to target objectives
•Ability to work on own initiative in a fast paced environment
•Willingness to learn and have a flexible approach to work
•Ability to adhere to processes and procedures
•Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to review complex documents
•Excellent research and analytical skills
•Able to work independently and manage time effectively
•Exceptional interpersonal skills
•Be a keen team player
•Flexible approach to working hours.
Desirable Skills and Experience
•Awareness of commercial issues relevant to the provision of legal advice.
In return we offer:
26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidayswith the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family)
Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands