Firmware Engineer - Edinburgh - up to £40,000
Enigma People Solutions has an immediate vacancy for a Firmware Engineer for an outstanding Edinburgh-based electronics client working at the forefront of their field in the development of new and innovative technology.
Working as part of the Firmware team, you will be working on the development and implementation of algorithms across multiple layers of a communication stack (PHY, MAC, Network, etc.) as well as being involved in system level integration and the development of supporting software drivers, tools, and applications.
The core responsibilities include
- Delivery of low-level firmware and drivers
- Maintenance and optimisation of existing code base
- Development of board support packages (BSP)
- Support ASIC/SoC development process
- Supervision of junior software & firmware Engineers
- Expert level embedded firmware/software/driver development experience on low power platforms (microcontroller, low power CPU, etc.) with or without an OS
- Expert level knowledge of both high level (e.g., C) and low level (Assembler) programming languages and constructs
- Good understanding of digital hardware and architecture (discrete logic, FPGA, ASIC)
- Hands-on communications protocol / signal processing algorithm implementation experience
- Ideally 5+ years of experience successfully delivering products to the commercial market
- Proven track record of delivery and commercial success
- Proven team-player with the demonstrable ability to lead and work autonomously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- ASIC development experience
- Working knowledge of digital communication protocols and buses such as USB, PCIe, CAN bus, SPI, etc.
- Basic hardware design/development experience
- Experience with using source control and versioning tools (e.g., SVN) on a day-today basis
Apply today by clicking the button below, or alternatively apply with your CV and a cover email highlighting any additional information in support of your application to Matt at Enigma People Solutions.