SUB EDITOR - Menswear, Product, Editorial, Ecommerce
SUB EDITOR - (Menswear, Product, Editorial, Ecommerce)
Keywords: (Brand Content, Proof Reading, Digital, Copy, Website, Emails, Social Media, Mobile)
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000
A talented Sub-Editor is required by a world leading, premium fashion and lifestyle retail company. Ideal candidates will have editorial experience within menswear, but they may consider someone with a passion and knowledge of menswear.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Editor to join a successful Product Editorial Team. You will help ensure all products are described in an accurate manner, in clear and concise English and represent the brand's ethos. This role involves proofing all information which appears on the product pages and maintaining levels of accuracy.
- Sub-editing copy details working to tight daily deadlines to ensure all product descriptions are well-written in a concise, accurate and informative manner, showcasing all relevant key details
- Checking for accuracy of copy against product images, checking for perfect grammar, spelling, formatting etc.
- Ensuring that all editorial content across product pages reflects the aims, values and house style of the company
- Maintaining and contributing to the brands house Style Guides
- Conducting regular audits of the site to check for consistency and accuracy
- Updating live copy with amend requests from Retail Coordinators, Stock Comparison teams and Buyers
- Attending writer feedback sessions
- Supporting Product Editors in writer development and training exercises
- Contribute ideas for product page development
- Proven experience working as a sub-editor/copy editor or proof reader in an editorial or e-commerce environment
- A Degree or similar in Journalism, English, Fashion Studies or other related subject
- Extremely details-oriented
- Excellent grammar skills and ability to adapt to house style
- Sound knowledge of menswear fashion, designers and trends
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills; can manage a high volume of work at a fast pace
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work well within a large team
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.