Software Test Analyst
Where does this role fit in?
As a Software Test Analyst, it may come as no surprise that you're responsible for the quality of the software under test. But let's dig a little deeper into what that means for us. You're responsible for interfacing with the wider software development team and product owners, successful testing including functional, UI, User Acceptance Testing, fault fix, new feature, regression, automation testing, exploratory testing, and supporting all releases and patches to the live customer environment.
The key areas of responsibility include:
- Software Testing - Manual and Automation
- Primary QA release lead for an Agile Development Team
- Interface with the Software Development Team/Product Owner
- Involved in a wide variety of Sprint and other Development meetings
- Creation of test scripts for new modules/features
You'll be representing the QA function in one of the Agile teams and attend the Sprint planning/Daily Scrum stand-ups/Review and Retrospective meetings and actively engage in discussions around the Acceptance criteria/Test scenarios for Story/Bug tickets. You'll also need to communicate with internal and/or external customers by telephone, email and face to face, building positive relationships, investigating, responding to and progressing issues and queries to a successful conclusion at the earliest time.
The application you'll be working with is predominantly going to be our Media Centre, an industry leading marketing resource management programme, a modular system enabling us to create bespoke solutions for blue chip retail, automotive, and hospitality clients to name a few. Working in an Agile environment we have a team of highly skilled, full stack, .NET Developers building and maintaining a top of the range system.
So what can I expect in return?
On top of a competitive salary, you can expect:
- 25 days' holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Tons of discounts
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
Software Test Analyst | Testing | Automation Testing | MRM | Agile | Scrum | UAT | User Acceptance Testing | Jira | ISEB | ISTQB
Am I the right person for the job?
Just have a look below, if this sounds like you it's definitely worth putting yourself forward.
- You have experience of functional, exploratory non-functional, Cross Browser and user acceptance testing with strong test skills and experience of working through a number of full lifecycle projects.
- You have experience working on complex Web Applications, ideally in retail or related domains. Any experience working on an MRM system will be a bonus!
- You're experienced with Agile Scrum methodology and ability to demonstrate a strong grasp of the test lifecycle within the Agile development lifecycle along with a good understanding of Agile Software Development practices.
- You have familiarity with defect investigation and isolation and the importance of reliable means of defect reproduction.
- You'll also have an awareness of relational database structures and ability to write SQL queries in T-SQL.
- You've had regular use of a defect management system such as Jira and a Test management system such as Quality Centre.
- We'd like to see you hold an ISEB/ISTQB foundation or advanced Certification.
So what are you waiting for? You've got down to here which means there's a lot of things looking right, drop us your application and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!
Additional Salary Information: Pension / Employee Assistance Programme / Tons of discounts!
About Our Company:
We are a specialist marketing services and technology business that helps major brands and retailers improve the efficiency, speed, cost and control of their marketing operations. We employ over 500 people.
Our Birmingham head office, based at Fort Dunlop, is home to the artworking, customer service, digital and marketing communications teams. Our clients include Heineken, M&S, Audi, Tesco, Joules, Puma, Skoda, Pizza Hut, Renault, Sainsbury's, Bourne Leisure, Cath Kidston and KFC.
We have a technology centre in Dartford, where we develop marketing resource management platform Media Centre and its mobile adaptation, Status. Media Centre manages all the marketing administration tasks faced by its clients, including briefing, requesting quotes, managing assets, approving artworks, planning campaigns, managing suppliers and reporting on all marketing activity.
We recently acquired Creator, which manages the strategic development of online sales and services for over three billion customer engagements.
Creator helps companies understand and react to customer behaviour, making sense of big data to turn it into revenue opportunities. Clients include TUI Group, Liberty Global, Merck Sharp & Dohme, Virgin Media, Virgin Trains, Kwik Fit, Axa, De Vere, The Gym Club and David Lloyd Clubs.
We have recently opened offices in Chicago and New York, and have client offices in The Netherlands, France and Germany.