Immediately Available Head of Finance required - 50K plus bens
My client, a high-profile Society, with gorgeous offices, based in the heart of the West End, seek an immediately available Head of Finance… The right candidate for this role will be able to commence post on 24th July, for a handover week with the current incumbent.
The post-holder will head up all day to day financial activities including: management of receipts and payments, accruals and prepayments, bank reconciliation, payroll, tax and other statutory returns, preparation of management accounts and preparation of financial accounts.
The Head of Finance will be responsible for setting and monitoring work-plans for the Finance Team (currently 2 junior staff) and ensuring that the Society’s financial systems and controls are used and adhered to in an appropriate manner.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Management of financial processes (purchase and creditor payment, payroll, sales/ fee income and debtors, cash management);
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of the Society’s computerized financial systems in a timely and efficient manner (including reconciliation of key accounts on a regular basis);
- Ensuring compliance with financial regulations and controls - including those set by the Society and those determined by legal and regulatory bodies;
- Documentation and improvement of existing financial controls;
- Maintenance of an ongoing review of financial processes and controls, to ensure that they remain efficient, effective and fit for purpose;
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash-flow statements;
- Compilation of monthly management accounts;
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and financial statements (in conjunction with the Director of Finance & Operations, external auditors and other staff);
- Completion of tax and other statutory returns (including VAT).
- Provision of advice and guidance to staff and others who may not be experienced in financial matters;
- Full professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA, etc).
- At least 2 years’ experience of working within an Accounts Team, Finance Office, Accountancy Office or similar function;
- At least 12 months’ managerial or supervisory experience of teams of more than 2 staff
- An up-to-date knowledge of accounting standards and regulations;
Salary - 50K - Immediate start required!