Mortgage Adviser Appenticeship Programme
£20,000, rising to £25,000 basic plus competitive bonus once qualified
Which? is the largest independent consumer organisation in the UK. Our Mortgage Advice service offers intelligent and impartial advice across the whole of the UK marketplace. We help our customers with a huge variety of needs, from the simplest to the most challenging.
We are proud to offer a service that delivers amongst the best independent advice in the market. We use more lenders than anyone we know to deliver more solutions for more customers every month and we will never lose sight of the fact that what we do is about helping people through the most complex, challenging financial commitment they will ever make.
What you’ll be doing
Our customers expect the highest standards of advice from us, so we place a huge emphasis on the training and development of our people. When you join our Mortgage Adviser Apprenticeship Programme you’ll get all the professional support you’ll need to progress your career, including full funding for the industry-standard Certificate in Mortgage Practices (CeMAP) qualification.
Which? will provide formal and informal tuition to help you gain CeMAP and you’ll be allocated limited study time at work. Apprentices will also be expected to study in their own time.
Whilst you achieve the qualification, you’ll partner with our existing advisers to gain valuable insight into the mortgage market, acting as the point of contact for customers, lenders and solicitors as part of our mortgage journey. You’ll be actively involved in helping our customer’s to secure their mortgages - and learning more about lending and lenders every day while assisting with the packaging of our mortgage cases.
What we are looking for
- Experience gained within a financial services or a customer services environment, or graduates with a passion for excellence in customer service and ready to start your career for a reputable Mortgage Advice Company
- A passion for providing customers the best possible advice and experience
- A skill for quickly building confidence and rapport with customers over the phone
- Drive and ambition to take ownership of completing your CeMAP and be proactive developing your understanding of mortgages
In return we offer
- Excellent career prospects - to develop to a Mortgage Adviser
- Full funding for the CeMAP qualification
- A competitive salary and the potential to earn a bonus
- 22 days holiday increasing to 25 days holiday after 1 years service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 45% gym subsidy with our affiliated gym
- A sociable and friendly environment
- Interest-free season ticket loans or a bicycle loan
- Which? Membership
- Free advice from our Which? Legal Team
- Childcare vouchers as part of salary sacrifice
If you are interested, please submit a copy of your CV and cover letter by the 19 July addressing the following questions for us:
1. Why are you interested in becoming a Mortgage Adviser?
2. How would you describe exceptional customer service?
3. Please outline why you are interested in working for Which?