Systems Administrator App deployment
Systems Administrator | Insurance Firm | London | £35,000 - £40,000 + benefits
Your new company
You new company is a speciality insurance firm based in the heart of London with offices worldwide. They are a well known renowned firm, and have an excellent record of growth and profit.
Your new role
In you new role as Systems Administrator (App Deployment) you will be responsible for deployment of application releases into test and development environments, implementation work, configuration and integration, end to end troubleshooting, root cause analysis, assisting the smooth delivery of application environments on behalf of infrastructure to the development and support teams within IT.
- Install, configure and maintain server operating systems including deploying VM's for project environments.
- Install and configure Microsoft applications predominantly Biztalk and CRM
- Install and maintain server-based application software packages.
- Install, Configure, maintain and troubleshoot SQL 2012 including running scripts for developers and support teams.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures for Infrastructure deployments and troubleshooting.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up. Perform restores of data as and when requested.
- Provide Tier III/other support as requested Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted areas.
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally have come from a Systems Administrator position or similar background in application deployment or application support. You will have proven experience working within deployment, configuration, integration tools and technologies.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.