An international law firm with offices in the US, Europe and Asia are seeking a highly motivated and creative individual with an interest in marketing and event management to join our growing London team. The Events Assistant will work with the London based marketing team to plan, support and manage client seminars, conference sponsorships, client entertainment, including firm sponsored tickets, and other marketing-related events as well as coordinate internal events.
The assistant will work closely with the marketing, HR and professional development teams, as well as the London managing partner and all their lawyers. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing team in a dynamic environment and to help execute high-impact and creative events to engage our various target audiences.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the coordination and execution of logistics for conference sponsorships and events including, site selection, contract negotiation, food and beverage selection, transportation, audio visual set-up and registration management
- Track new restaurants, bars, venue space etc. and build a database of information to use as an on-going resource for the office when planning our various events
- Oversee the production and distribution of event materials including, save-the-dates, invitation, handout materials, PowerPoint presentations, evaluation forms, name tags, etc.
- Maintain and monitor event registrations and create and distribute registration and attendance reports (using InterAction or internal marketing database)
- Coordinate specific logistics of larger meetings, such as site research and selection, accommodation, travel, transportation, material preparation, registration and signage
- Provide on-site assistance at events including set up, take down and maintenance of firm marketing collateral and event equipment
- Create and maintain event budgets, process and follow-up
Skills, abilities and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Events experience (whether within a corporate environment or in the hotel/food & beverage industry)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to confidently work with all levels of lawyers and senior management
- Ability to deal with a wide range of people, e.g. lawyers, firm clients, hospitality managers, conference organisors, external printers, etc.
- Strong project management, organisational, problem-solving and creative skills
- Knowledge of InterAction or other contact management database is preferred
- Familiarity with London restaurants including new openings and old standards
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.