Job Title: Process Engineer
Location: South Shields
Salary: £25,000- £30,000
- To work closely with the Production Team, Production Operators and the Engineering Maintenance and Technical departments to plan and manage the transfer and implementation of a theoretical concept of a design or new investment into the manufacturing process.
- To work closely with the Technical Department in developing quotes for prospective customers by producing robust engineering solutions focussed on cost, quality and delivery.
Areas of Responsibility:
- The identification and/or generation of all documentation related to the integration of new products into the production environment.
- To perform analysis of part design characteristics, specifications and tolerances of parts, manufacturing process design, set up and tooling.
- Identification of subsequent changes to manufacturing and assembly drawings as necessary.
- Optimisation of processes to meet objectives of lowering cost and/or improving productivity.
- Providing assistance in drafting and maintaining engineering and other technical files.
- Active promotion of process improvement to ensure compliance to industry standards and regulations and to secure the future business position in the market place.
- Attend meetings and contribute to project/production design review.
- Any other duties that may be deemed necessary by Management.
Skills & Experience required for the role:
- A higher level qualification (Degree or HNC) in an engineering discipline linked to a time served background.
- Experience of working within a medium sized manufacturing organisation with implementation experience.
- Jig Design, problem solving and report writing skills.
- Project management experience.
- Process engineering experience.
- Good knowledge of lean tools and techniques (5S, TPM and Kaizen) with implementation experience.
- Quick understanding of complex situations and implementation of corrective actions.
- Essential: Ability to create AutoCAD drawings and conceive an idea into an AutoCAD
Drawing, Inventor ideally.
If you are interested in the role please contact the engineering team on or send your CV to
Premier are acting as an employment agency