Purchase Ledger Controller
Purchase Ledger Controller job opportunity for a successful property business in South West London. Circa £29k
Your new company
You will be working for one of UK and Ireland's leading property consultants based in South West London. The business has been experiencing a period of sustained growth and have been implementing a service and structure that will ensure continued future growth. They operate from a network of nearly 20 offices across the UK with an impressive list of clients.
Your new role
In a team of 2 you will be working as a Purchase Ledger controller within a wider finance team of 20. You will be working alongside the Senior Purchase Ledger Controller and Finance Controller. You will be responsible for ensuring the upkeep and integrity of the purchase ledger and, in due course, the purchase ledgers of some of our European subsidiary companies. It will be important to build strong working relationships with our external suppliers and internal colleagues to assist in the day to day delivery of the role. duties will include:
- Sort, check and code invoices in preparation for entry in the accounting system.
- Enter invoice details into the accounting system.
- Process invoices into the multi-currency accounting system, and match appropriate invoices to purchase orders.
- Follow up internal approval for invoices where necessary from heads of departments, and/or matching invoices to purchase orders where appropriate.
- Raise and / or resolve invoice queries internally or externally (with the supplier) as appropriate by effective use of email and telephone calls.
- Pass invoices to Finance Partner for authorisation prior to posting them to the accounting system.
- Posting invoices to the accounting system once authorised.
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger and the online banking system.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Preparation and processing BACS payments through the online banking system.
- Marking invoices as paid on the system once they have cleared the bank.
- Posting supplier payments to the Purchase Ledger once they have cleared the bank to assist with the bank reconciliation of the relevant currency
- Assistance with reconciliation of Purchase Ledger Control Account to the nominal ledger for all currency denominations.
- File invoices, remittance advice slips, supplier statements
What you'll need to succeed
You must have experience working in a purchase ledger role for at least 2 years ideally within a property or professional services business. You should enjoy dealing with suppliers and be committed to working on the purchase ledger for the foreseeable future. You should be able to work well in a team and suit an environment that is slightly corporate but also has a relaxed and social atmosphere. You will have excellent organisational abilities to be able to balance different tasks ensuring deadlines are met whilst maintaining highest levels of accuracy.
What you'll get in return
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary in a rewarding role. You will be part of a long established and rapidly growing commercial building consultant, alongside a busy and friendly team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.