Algorithm Solutions Engineer
Algorithm Solutions Engineer - £40k - £45kpa
We are currently looking for an algorithm solutions engineer to join our software engineering team. You will be an open, strong communicator, focused on finding the best solutions through the use of excellent networking, both inside and outside the company. Who can demonstrate focus on the early identification and mitigation of project risk and who is motivated by delighting the customer. The position will be based in the headquarters in Sedgefield and will require some travel overseas.
- Deliver algorithms for materials analysis based on complex materials characterisation input data. Your Focus will be on the practical aspects of delivery into robust final implementations
- Provide solutions that fit within the constraints of a quality managed software framework and are suited to our customer's hardware capabilities
- Responsible for the final algorithm quality and efficacy
- Responsible for ensuring that solution meet the constraints of software implementation and available hardware platforms
- Responsible for identifying and applying the appropriate mathematical and software methods required by product delivery.
- BSC in Physical Sciences or mathematics (essential)
- PhD in Physical Sciences or mathematics (desirable)
Essential Knowledge and skills:
- Strong applied mathematical skills
- Clear understanding of how to translate mathematical solutions into practical software
- Cross platform ( Linux/ Windows) Development experience.
- Experience of developing stand - alone software libraries and APIs in a language such as C++
- Ability to develop final software solutions within an object - oriented programming environment
- Experience of industry standard software configuration management best practices
Stakeholder pension scheme
Private health insurance scheme
25 days holiday plus statutory days