Architectural Technicians or Technologists are required for an awards winning practice based just outside Bristol in Avon. As a multi dsaplinary practice they offer a variety of services including; urban design & masterplanning, architectural, technical, graphic design, CDM and sustainability consultancy. Our clients and projects are situated predominantly in southern England, but also throughout the United Kingdom.
An expanding portfolio of work ranges from; urban design & masterplans for significant residential and mixed use settlements, to individual high quality bespoke dwellings, commercial developments and residential care communities. Projects typically have construction costs of £500,000 to £50 million.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Understand a client brief.
- Arrive at a suitable design solution in conjunction with other team members.
- Produce accurate and detailed construction drawings to current Building Regulations standard.
- Progress details through approval process.
- Produce detailed works instructions, material specifications and schedules of work.
- Understand technical and professional aspects of work and continually maintain technical knowledge.
- Record and manage drawing registers.
- Liaise with installation teams, sub-contract suppliers, customers and suppliers.
- Maintain appropriate effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure.
- Demonstrate good time management and self-organisation.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant qualification in HNC, HND or degree in Architectural Technology.
- 5+ years within the industry.
- Strong knowledge of UK Building Regulations & Standards in the house building sector.
- On site experience.
- Computer literate - essential experience of AutoCAD(2D) 2011 onwards.
- Knowledge of Sketchup would be an advantage.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision on construction drawings/building regulations requirements.
- Good communication skills and knowledge of products.
- High level of accuracy and administrative efficiency.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
They can interview someone as early as tomorrow and the interview format is normally a one stage process. They are looking to conduct interviews over the next two weeks and can wait up to 3 months for an individual to start but could otherwise have someone start as soon as possible. What are you up to currently? or do you know anyone that could be suited to this role or that is looking? For more information please can you give me a call on . or Send me an email to