legal accounts assistant
This is a full time position working for a top 200 law firm in Newcastle.
The role is full time working 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday and includes the following responsibilities:
- Dealing with day-to-day transaction processing, including client payments, client receipts, bill receipts, disbursements, transfers and banking
- Checking bills of costs and allocation of time
- Completion of bank reconciliations for office, client and deposit accounts
- Dealing with fee earner queries
- Checking of completion statements
- Posting of interest
- Dealing with cash expenses and accurate recording of cash
- Dealing with nominal postings and any relevant VAT
- Running of reports as necessary
- Ad hoc accounting duties
This role requires a motivated, highly analytical, organised and enthusiastic individual who can demonstrate attention to detail and can work as a member of the team.
Whilst experience in accounts would be an advantage we will also consider candidates who are numerically and analytically minded and display a keen interest to learn. A good working knowledge of Excel would be an advantage, as would experience with case management software.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to prioritise, cope under pressure and work to strict deadlines. Good communication skills are essential as is managing expectations across a wide range of competing needs and being part of a small team requires a willingness to cover a variety of tasks and work outside core hours on occasion.