There is now a vacancy for a Materials Controller to join a successful manufacturing company in Gillingham, Kent. As Materials Controller you will be offered a competitive salary of 35k + benefits.
Materials Controller - Job Function:
Based in the Supply Chain Department, responsible for the end-to-end management of securing the supply of parts from a Global supplier base in a timely and cost efficient manner in order to meet the needs of the business, ensuring optimum inventory. Position reports to the Global Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for the Stock Controller, Warehouse Supervisor and Purchasing.
Materials Controller - Duties and Responsibilities:
- Controlling the sourcing, purchasing, warehousing, storage and distribution processes in the most efficient manner, and within set budgets
- First point of contact for the resolution of issues to ensure continual flow of material into the business
- Managing supplier relationships to ensure that procurement partnerships are mutually beneficial.
- Responsible for New Product Introduction from a materials perspective.
- Communicating the status of materials within the total supply chain to the wider business
- Analysing data and producing accurate reports.
- Introducing cost reduction and lead time initiatives
- Attend regular inter-departmental scheduling meetings
- Preparation of the Purchasing budget and control expenditure
- Reviewing SAP purchase requests to maintain agreed stock levels.
- Ensuring costs for purchased items are minimised through effective negotiation
- Secure highest accuracy of all supply chain related SAP data
- Inventory management alongside the Stock Controller such as forecasting, demand profiling and inventory reduction
- Implement measures to ensure the integrity, relevance and traceability of stock
Materials Controller - Person Specification:
- Qualified to Degree level or equivalent
- CIPS would be desirable (not essential)
- Experience in a similar role / Supply Chain department with management / supervisory capability
- Exposure to purchasing or expediting within a manufacturing environment would be an advantage
- SAP system knowledge
- Good communication skills, organisational and problem solving skills