Work Based Learning Assessor / Trainer in Wood & Build Maintenance
Strategy Education have an exciting new opportunity for a Work Based Learning Assessor / Trainer in Wood & Build Maintenance.
This is a full time post, 37 hours per week, permanent contract, 52 weeks per year.
Based at a Post 16 Further Education Colllege in Colchester, North Essex.
Suitable candidates must hold a relevant Assessor qualification & enhanced DBS certificate.
You are not required to hold QTS.
The college is accessible via 2 train stations.
- To train candidates both in the college and in the workplace towards agreed qualifications.
- To recruit and assess new candidates suitable for work based learning programmes in accordance to targets.
- To complete health and safety assessments of employers premises in accordance to framework requirements.
- To, at all times, maintain high expectations of learners work, commitment, and behaviour, taking action to ensure the highest of standards are met and to monitor candidates progress, including carrying out regular (12 week) progression reviews and target setting.
- To complete appropriate awarding body / funding body documentation and ensure compliance of required procedures.
- To keep and maintain accurate records and documentation.
- To undertake internal verification processes required by awarding bodies.
- To competently and professionally liaise with employers and external verifiers in the completion of the above.
- To attend regular programme meetings and briefing sessions in line with curriculum policies.
- To liaise with the colleges work based learning and widening participation centres ensuring compliance with college wide systems and procedures.
- To continuously evaluate and improve the quality of learning and teaching within your work utilising and engaging with the college’s development and observation programmes..
- To contribute to the development of curricula and specialist facilities within the Faculty
- To assist in the promotion and marketing of programmes within your team and centre of study.
- To actively promote and apply the colleges Safeguarding, Prevent and Health and Safety Policies.
- To actively promote and apply the colleges equality and diversity policy at all times and
- To undertake such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.
If you feel your experiences and qualifications match the requirements for this post, please apply immediately with a copy of your most up to date CV.