Based in Poole, my client is looking to recruit an experienced machining estimator to join the busy aerospace company.
- To respond to customers’ enquiries within the agreed time, ensuring all estimates meet the profitable margin required by the business and are submitted in the required format.
- Ensure that all criteria of enquires can be met. If in doubt refer to Commercial Manager
- Evaluate final pricing structure to customer based on labour, material and sub contract prices.
- Provide customer with price and lead-time quotations in the agreed time scale, in accordance with BOCS-03, and within agreed sign off limits.
- Advise commercial manager of any possible major expenditure or additional resource that may be required if a specific enquiry is won. Completing a risk assessment form when necessary.
- Liaise with Quality, Engineering and shopfloor as required.
- Liaise with Suppliers and customers as required.
- To assist planning, production and quality with methods, costing and information when required.
- To become involved in continuous improvement initiatives where required.
- Enter quotation details accurately onto the business system in the form of a sequence of operations, using material and treatments pricing obtained from either the supply chain or through liaising with the Technical Buyer.
- Calculate labour labour element of quote (with reference to job history for repeat parts)
- Give an accurate lead-time for each quote by completing a milestone spreadsheet and using queue time and capacity run list information issued by production.
- Refer to the Commercial Manager for approval, bids for new work or work that may have a significant impact on the business
- File all quotes and related information electronically in quote management folder.
- Conduct Contract Reviews
- Participate in FMEA activities.
- Conduct electronic/internet bids as required.
- Obtain feedback on submitted quotations if appropriate.
Measures of Performance
- Win Rate: 15% - 40% of all quotations.
- Quotations submitted by agreed deadline
Salary: £28-35k per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours over Monday to Friday
Location: Poole, Dorset
If you would like more information regarding this role or would like to apply, email your CV, call the office or pop in and see us in person. All applicants will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Successful applicants will be contacted within 7 days of receiving you application. If you haven’t heard from us within 1 week, please feel free to contact us to ensure your application was received.