Head of Supply Chain
Barclay Meade are working in partnership with a mechanical and electrical contractor, seeking a Head of Supply Chain to oversee the companies varied workstreams and procurement and supply chain function from a strategic perspective.
Involved in projects spanning Airports, Rail, Road, Tunnelling, Power and Construction, this Head of Supply Chain role is best suited to an experienced procurement and supply chain individual with a background of working for tier 1 contractors.
Details of this Head of Supply Chain role are:
Location - Billericay
Salary - up to c. £70,000 + car allowance
Head of Supply Chain Key Responsibilities:
- Contributing to or exceeding site profit plan goals related to: cost savings, economics, quality, supplier rationalization, low cost sourcing and other agreed objectives.
- Lead chosen material resourcing activities in coordination with the Head of Supply Chain and engineering to drive a competitive advantage.
- Implement and influence supply chain strategies for the site and process improvement.
- Lead, motivate, support and develop supply chain staff members
- Support of proper Make or Buy decisions, prepare data and slides for relevant strategic gate reviews.
- Support efforts concerning supply base rationalization and supplier development.
- Manage effective warehousing and logistics channels around the site to the best "Total Value" proposition ensuring all KPIs are measured and improved upon.
- Deploy lean warehouse and inventory management principles to drive turns and cash improvements.
- Will be overseeing a team of 6.
- Must be willing to travel around to meet with key people.
- Leasing with senior management.
- Overseeing of expediting of the goods.
- Managing the identification and fulfilment of all material requirements across a multitude of M&E sectors.
- Must have Knowledge of SAPB1.
Head of Supply Chain Key Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or related technical field. Master's degree preferred. CIPS Membership.
- Or minimum of MICLT Membership.
- Minimum of 5 years purchasing experience with 3-5 years in Engineering industry preferred.
- Proven ability to motivate and co-ordinate in a multi-functional environment
- Proven project management techniques
- Excellent communication skills - including first class reporting techniques
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.