You'll be responsible for co-ordinating the effective marketing of the visitor offer across Standen. Working closely with key property leads and the consultancy, you'll help to promote our special places, activities and conservation work to encourage support for the Trust, through visits, donations, volunteering and commercial activity.
Internally you'll be known as a Marketing & Communications Officer.
What it's like to work here
Standen is an arts and crafts family home set in a beautiful hillside garden. The strong arts and crafts offering includes varied exhibitions, a contemporary arts programme and collaborations with local artists. This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive team in an ever-growing location.
What you'll be doing
As the Marketing & Communications Officer you will provide an efficient, flexible and effective marketing service to Standen to ensure its effective promotion and enable it to reach target audiences. You'll support the house, garden and visitor experience teams to promote our stories and key messages as well as helping the different departments with their digital media requirements and develop the use of social media within the property.
You will support and co-ordinate the property’s marketing communications by providing a consistent point of contact for internal and external queries as required, ensuring an exceptional level of service at all times. You'll actively promote Standen and will build and maintain good relationships with the local press and agencies in order to maximise publicity opportunities.
You’ll supervise a team of volunteers, leading and motivating them to offer a clear and efficient marketing service to the whole property. You’ll comply with Trust procedures to manage risk to yourself, your team, volunteers, visitors and contractors.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for a creative and engaging person who:
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills with a flexible customer-focused approach
- Is a good team player
- Has the ability to problem solve and be able to work on own initiative
- Is well organised and attentive to detail
- Has an awareness and understanding of the core purpose and work of the National Trust
- Has advanced IT skills (Microsoft Office)
And it will be helpful if you can demonstrate the following experience on your CV/application;
- Experience in business/specialist/technical support environment supported by relevant professional qualification in Marketing and Communications, equivalent to NVQ/QCF level 2 and above (or equivalent previous vocational experience)
- Experience of digital marketing and social media management
- Experience of supervising volunteers and an understanding of the Volunteering Journey in the National Trust
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking