Accounts Assistant / Finance Assistant / Accounts Clerk
Job title: Accounts Assistant
Salary: £16,000 - £18,000
Hours:Permanent, Full Time, Monday to Friday 9.00am - 17.30pm
The company, based in Bournemouth, specialise in providing accountancy solutions for Limited Company contractors and freelancers. Their ambition has always been to deliver excellent service, through excellent people. They are now seeking an Accounts Assistant to extend their team.
This is a client focused role, where it is imperative that you have a sound knowledge of preparing Limited Company accounts and draft Corporation Tax computations.
Duties will include:
- Assistance in the compilation of year end accounts, end of year reconciliations and the resolution of outstanding queries.
- Preparing and querying VAT returns for clients on flat rate, standard, quarterly and annual schemes.
- Maintaining internal databases and client records: internal document management associated with client related matters.
- Keeping all client information updated and correct on the bespoke accounting portal.
- To use own initiative, identifying any problems and resolving them quickly and effectively.
- Part qualified AAT or equivalent, with a desire to further your studies to increase your accounting knowledge.
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
- A polite, thoughtful and friendly attitude.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Good computer skills (knowledge of Microsoft Office, excel in particular).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn.
This role will suit an individual who is driven, ambitious and who wants to develop their career, increasing their financial and commercial experience, whilst also adding to their existing strengths of customer care and communication.
In return, the company can offer a friendly, energetic working environment with opportunities for progression, study support for the right candidate, a company pension scheme and a potential reimbursement for public transport should you not make use of a car parking space.
To apply for this role, please click APPLY to submit your CV and a Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience of; Accountant, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Analyst, Accounts Receivable, Practice Accountant, AAT, ACCA, CIMA, Accounts Clerk, Accounts Reconciliation, Bank Reconciliation, Finance Clerk, Credit Control, Finance Assistant, Accounts Manager, Finance Manager will be considered for this role.