We are currently recruiting for a Credit Controller for our very busy client, based in Dover, to cover maternity on a 12 month contract. Join a small but mighty team within Finance and gain further experience to your finance portfolio.
You will be responsible for the daily cash sheets, daily cash posting to the sales ledger. Control and maintenance of Customer accounts, sales ledger credit notes, debtors control and meeting month end time tables.
Furthermore, the role will also involve:
- Carry out credit control to enable prompt payments
- Control and maintenance of customer sales ledger accounts
- Chasing debt by telephone and email, along with spreadsheet chases.
- Handling queries and resolving problems within company guidelines and policy
- Investigating and resolving queries relating to non-payment of invoices
- Maintaining accurate and up to date details
- Regular debt monitoring and reporting age debtors, payment arrangements
- Process and reconcile contractor & supplier payments
- Maximise cash inflow and minimise debtor days
- Uses initiative and imagination to achieve results, reducing debtor days
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to use Excel, Word & Outlook intermediate to advanced level
- Competent using Sage - desirable not essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- A minimum of 1 year experience
- Part Qualified or AAT Level 2
- Experience of working within a credit control environment
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work solely and self-motivate
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
This is a full-time opportunity with a salary of £19,400 plus excellent benefits.
Apply today and don’t miss out!