Nigel Wright Group are delighted to be working with a well known business in the County Durham area who are seeking to recruit a Part Qualified Production Accountant to join their finance team. This role will involve providing financial insight to the business to ensure well informed decisions are made and improvement opportunities are identified.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with senior management, operational teams and the supply team to provide analysis of material usage and labour performance for the factory.
- Working with the Operations Director and Production Managers to identify issues, trends and potential alternatives to improve profitability, and provide support with the preparation of improved management information.
- Reviewing weekly KPI's.
- Providing analysis of cost and manufacturing variances. Monitoring and reporting on appropriate physical information, eg headcount, sickness etc.
- Reviewing stock analysis and investigating variances, making recommendations for cost reductions.
- Monitoring inventory transactions and stock reconciliations, ensuring transactional accuracy.
- Liaising with the Technical Director and design teams to ensure all manufacturing projects are fully costed and any varances are investigated and resolved before production.
- Assisting with the month end accounts preparation, ensuring that all transactions occur to deliver a timely and accurate month end process for the operations area.
- Assisting with the preparation of the standard cost budget for the year as well as regular forecasts.
As the ideal candidate you will be part qualified, or qualified by experience, have an analytical mind and be able to manipulate large quantities of data using Pivot tables and Formulae.
You will be comfortable working to tight deadlines and be able to liaise with employees at all levels within the organisation, both finance and non finance people.