Due to the successful growth of my client, they are looking to recruit a Trainee Underwriter to their team. This a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation who encourage promotion internally and value their staff.
Your role will be to
Operate within agreed underwriting authority and according to the company'sunderwriting philosophy and strategy.
Take personal ownership of handling quotations, proposals etc.
Work as part of team delivering high quality service to intermediaries
* Acquire specialist underwriting knowledge
* Consider quotation requests, proposals and/or amendments to existing policies and calculate premiums by reference in line with company risk pricing
* Responsible for own case work and trained to make effective decisions within own authority level.
* Receive training to effectively handle telephone enquiries.
* Work to operational deadlines
* Respond to and take ownership of customer enquiries and allocated mail.
* Make a positive input into the team's effectiveness, suggesting ways in which work systems and processes can be altered and improved
* Work flexibly within the team in a manner that demonstrates Sabre's brand values, assisting colleagues wherever pressure is greatest to enhance overall team performance
A good standard of education required including minimum 5 GCSE passes (grades A-C) including Maths and English (or equivalent). Exam certificates will need to be produced at interview.
* Basic technical/product knowledge
* Ability to understand and use
established systems and processes
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to prioritise own work and manage workloads.
* Attention to detail and ability to accurately record information.
Some office experience and use of telephone in a professional context desirable.
Training and support for continued professional development will be provided.
Planning and organising
Delivering excellent customer services
If the above sounds like you, do not hesitate to apply now!