Company: 1st Call Mobility
Position: Driver /Technician
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
1st Call Mobility, a Getinge Group company are a global market leader in the medical device industry. We provide an extensive range of products to improve bariatric care including; medical beds, therapeutic mattresses, toileting, bathing, patient handling, couches and seating equipment. Our primary customers are the NHS and private hospitals, equipment loan stores and care homes.
Working as a 1st Call Mobility Driver Technician you will be responsible for delivering, collecting and providing appropriate training on medical devices as part of the service we offer to our customers in approx. 100 mile radius from Harlow.
As a Driver Technician you will be involved in a wide range of duties including:
- Deliver/install and provide 'in service instruction’ on all systems ensuring that equipment is fully functional and that users are aware of operating and emergency procedures.
- Collect used equipment from customers and ensure that this is processed in accordance with the company’s infection control procedures.
- Respond to breakdowns in the field and exchange faulty products, where required, and complete all necessary documentation.
- Carry out cleaning duties at the depot as and when required, including; pump systems, accessories and the Decontamination area etc.
- Assist laundry personnel with loading/unloading the van and ensuring that paperwork is completed correctly.
- To undertake laundry activities to ensure that rental products undergo full decontamination, service and maintenance procedures, on an ad hoc basis.
The Driver Technician role is an interesting and varied position where you will have interaction with our customers and patients so you must have excellent communication and customer service skills to enable you to provide the exemplary level of service we strive to offer. Your personality, enthusiasm, energy and positivity are essential for us to build long term relationships with our customers and ultimately play a key role in providing the essential equipment required by our patients.
We will provide you with a competitive package as well as uniform & access to a company van.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A methodical, logical and practical approach.
- Ability to prioritise work and amend route plans accordingly.
- Experience of multi-drop delivery highly desirable.
- Experience of 1st line repair of electrical / mechanical equipment.
- A positive and team oriented approach, whilst being able to work autonomously.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Driving Licence: Required to hold a valid drivers licence.
- Enhanced DBS clearance: Required (at the cost of 1st Call Mobility).
- Must be able to lift bulky mattresses for prolonged periods.
- Must live within commutable distance to Harlow
Full training will be given on the Technical aspect of this role.
Please note: You will be required to partake in the 'on call’ rota system.