Customer Insight Analysis Manager
This opportunity represents the chance to join something of a national institution. Indeed it's one of the largest of its kind in the world, and an operation that, although government run, generates around a third of its own revenue from sales direct to consumers, academics and research institutions from around the UK and the world!
The business has recently invested in a new data warehouse, also creating a single customer view, and brought in new tools like R and SQL for data mining and insight generation.
It's the first time the organisation has looked to leverage its data asset for commercial gain, looking to position data more integrally at the centre of the business, moving to an insight led approach to which will give them opportunity for lots of quick wins within their traditional marketing programmes across acquisition, customer value growth and reducing customer churn.
As the Customer Insight Analysis Manager, you will take on a role that covers a couple of aspects - in priority order of importance:
- CRM analytics - principally supporting the business with actionable customer insight. This will take the form of behavioural analysis projects, helping the business to understand not only who their customers are, but their likes, dislikes based on behaviours and supporting the organisation with investment and priority decisions for marketing, events, traditional CRM challenges and also digital channels - looking at what people buy, how they use and interact with the websites, etc.
- Data management - ensuring the data ecosystem is maintained, dealing with data capture rules and regulations, and that data feeds work correctly, fixing errors and is of optimum format for analysis exploitation and therefore value for the organisation
- Research insight - there's going to initially be one report who specialises in this area. Your remit will be to take their work and combine it with CRM and statistical behavioural data to create a more complete picture of the customer. So being able to translate research insight into meaningful messages when combined with customer data is key.
Your internal stakeholder groups will be across marketing, finance, operations, events teams, as well as a broad number of academic researchers and scholars too, who help shape the core product which is then packaged up and sold. These will principally be non-technical audiences, so it's therefore key you're also the kind of person who's able to take out the technical from what you do and translate it into meaningful stories which explain the business benefit behind recommendations.
They've got a series of dashboards for reporting in place at the moment, but this will need expanding upon too. Particularly for their research team members sitting outside of this marketing engine, who are hungry to understand their audiences so they can better connect with key messaging, shaping event programmes and the products they ultimately sell.
There's a genuine thirst for knowledge with this organisation and would really suit someone who's keen on the ability to step into a position where there's not only the clear opportunity to have a positive impact, but also step up into a management role where there's great potential to also grow a team around you as you begin to satisfy that business need. It's also important to highlight a lot of the hard work around stakeholder engagement and selling people on the value of actionable insight has actually already been done. So it's just a case of you taking control of this programme and shaping it to meet their needs!
If this is something that sounds right up your street, why not get in touch today to discuss?
Role: Customer Insight Analysis Manager
Location: West London - close to Richmond
Salary: up to £50k base, dependant on experience
Benefits: Good pension, enhanced annual leave package, staff bar and gym
- You've likely worked within customer analysis teams for cultural institutions, charity, education industries or public sectors and really enjoy working in that kind of business environment
- You come from a customer analysis/CRM analysis and insight background - mining data using tools like R, SAS, SPSS to identify trends in customer behaviour and are able to synthesise recommendations for business action off the back of these
- You've done this supporting a marketing team and have worked with databases of scale
- You have a good grasp of data management principals
- You're able to work with academics and translate what you do and your analysis findings into engaging stories which clearly articulate the business benefit of any recommended actions
- You know how to extract and manipulate data using SQL
- Can work with large volumes of data, analysing it for trends and can also create reporting solutions and dashboards from this
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call and ask for the marketing division.